Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Spite





I have a motorcycle.



Its a glorious two wheeled expression of freedom.



I ride a lot.



I even took some longish trips astride its aluminium and steel frame. States and blacktop whistled under my boots. A set of tires wore themselves down trying to keep up with the travels.



The cat.



Bear with me here.



We have a few cats. Fat Jack you should all know by now. He is not the only feline to grace our lives with their furry little personalities however.



There is Baby Jack, Blackie, Potty Kitty, (so named because she lives IN the bathroom window) and Fat Penny.



Fat Penny hates me.



She is the semi-feral all evil progeny of Fat Jack and some female kitty. I hope Jack enjoyed himself. The wanton little mac-daddy.



She hates me.



In my defense, I only actually kicked her the one time. To be honest, it was not through lack of trying. She is just too fast for my slow foot to catch. The evil little brute sneaked into the house and made yuck on child #2s bed. I caught her in the act, trying to slink away with a satisfied little smirk on her petulantly fuzzy face.



So I snatched her by the scruff of the neck and punted her into the front yard.



The cat, not the child.



She traveled about 20 feet in the air and true to form and advertising, landed on her feet.



I was so pleased with myself.



My chest puffed and my head back emitting ringing guffaws.



Until I had to clean the yuck. Then I cursed her and wished I had punted harder.



Vile little beast.



I rode up to Canada. With two friends.



Its a really long ways and very scenic. A really great ride. We didn't see a police car. The road was relatively clear and the company was excellent. Even through Idaho and Montana.



I traveled in a sort of slow bliss, ear buds in and the wee little god inside my ipod serenading me about all the good things in life. Focused on the road your mind can only wander so far.



People you care about, things you want to do, to create.



It is a grace. Traveling that way.



Canada.



Its a silly place.



They hate Americans. I don't care for them much either, but the Canadians seem to make a sort of unspoken national pastime out of it.



At the border all they wanted to know, is when we were leaving.



Welcome to Canada! now go home.



They have some Laws there.



Some of them very similar to here. Some not.



Helmet laws here, for example, are lax.



I rarely wear a helmet.



I own several. I recommend them. I just don't really care for wearing one.



Canadian Police folk insist on it however.



So at the border I unstrapped my fantastic full face helmet.



For you rare breed that don't know what this is.



It covers the whole noggin. Face, Forehead and the entire cranium. Even mine, as huge as my head is. (Thank you Special Order ICON)



This is the hard part.



The evil spite that exists in the heart of all things.



Especially kitties that have been punted.



Fat Penny had peed inside my helmet.



As I pulled it over my head and smelled and felt and experienced the foul little beasts expulsion on and around my head. I was filled with regret.



For a week in Canada.



Across the silly nation.



Nothing removed the smell, Nothing.



So regret was my constant companion.



Remorse.



"I should haves" filled my head.



But one rose to the top of every still lake of thought.



I should have had Fat Jack neutered at birth.















2 comments:

Tonia Z said...

I have an extra feline you are welcome to...

KMW said...

Omg that was hilarious. We have lots of canadian relatives. Thanks for the laugh. And I'm sorry about your helmet. You're a trooper.